In professional audio systems, the tuning of professional power amplifiers and professional loudspeakers, in addition to the soft timbre (timbre collocation is often referred to as soft and loud, it is based on the designer’s design and the materials for the tone) is color, and has the characteristics and personality), there are some hard similarities on technical indicators. Soft collocation is based on accumulated experience and personal preference, while hard collocation is determined by data and technical common sense. The following is a brief description of the four main GM quotas: “hard collocation” related issues.
Do you know the 4 most important combinations of professional audio systems?
- Impedance Matching
- When the tube amplifier (tube amplifier) is matched to the speaker, the output impedance of the amplifier must be equal to the impedance of the speaker, otherwise the output power will be reduced and the distortion will increase. Fortunately, most amplifiers have variable output impedance matching interfaces, such as 4-8-16 ohms, and speaker impedance matching has become easier.
- For matching the transistor power amplifier (brick machine) and the speaker impedance
① If the speaker impedance is higher than the output impedance of the power amplifier, there is no other effect except the different amount of reduction of the output power.
② If the speaker impedance is lower than the output impedance of the power amplifier, the output power increases proportionally and the distortion usually does not increase or is negligible. However, the speaker impedance should not be too low during matching, such as as low as 2 ohms (referring to when two 4 ohm speakers are connected in parallel). At present, only the power amplifier has a large margin, and the high-performance tube and the parallel multi-tube push-pull are used with good performance. It has no effect on such power amplifiers.
On the contrary, ordinary power amps are generally not rich enough, and the pcm and lcm of the power amp tubes are not large. When the volume is turned back on, the distortion will increase significantly and the box will be destroyed in severe cases. Pay attention.
- Power Alignment
- Basically, when the loudspeaker power rating does not match the power amplifier power rating, the power for the power amplifier is related only to the loudspeaker impedance, not the loudspeaker power rating. Regardless of whether the loudspeaker power and the amplifier power are the same, it has no effect on the work of the amplifier, but only concerns the safety of the loudspeaker itself.
- If the speaker impedance meets the corresponding requirements, and the resistive power is less than the power of the amplifier, the driving power is sufficient, which sounds very comfortable. It is often said that the reserve power of the power amplifier must be large in order to fully express the full content of the music, especially the low-frequency part of the music, which is more lively and powerful. This is a good match.
- If the rated impedance of the speaker is greater than the rated power of the power amplifier, although both can work safely, at this time, the power amplifier is not enough to drive the power, and the volume will be insufficient. It often appears that it is turned on in a saturated state and the distortion is exacerbated. powerless. This is a bad match.